Texila American University (TAU), is one among the most exclusive Caribbean Medical Schools, located in Guyana
Started to offer On Campus programs from the year 2010
TAU renders a quality medical education highlighted with student diversity
Their goal is to prepare students for the next level of medical training by implementing the US Standard Curriculum.
- Listed in WHO, IMED & MCI
- Tropical Climate
- Local language is English
- Built across 167565 square feet of Academic Space
- Dedicated and experienced faculties
- Advanced and US based curriculum
- Most of the diseases taught will suit many countries
- Compact green campus with smart classrooms
- Well defined and equipped laboratories
- Training USMLE & other national license exam
- Clinical rotation in US hospitals
- Affordable Fees
Texila American University strictly follows the US Education system and curriculum and hence are focused towards preparing Physician workforce for countries like USA, Canada, etc
In most Universities, students write the NBME – National Board of Medical Examiners’ examination, USA’s board examinations on completion of Basic Medical Sciences and Clinical Sciences. (In other countries, the exams are all internal or conducted by the local governments’ examination authority)
- NBME is the body that conducts the board examinations for Medical students studying in the US Universities.
- NBME is the body that conducts the USMLE examinations as well. Hence, most of these Medical universities follow 100% the same curriculum followed in USA / Canada.
- Particularly, Pathology, Internal, Family and community Medicine modules are the same as in USA (In other countries its different)
Georgetown Public Hospital
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
New Amsterdam Hospital
West Demerara Regional Hospital
Adventist Behavioral Hospital
Pickens County Medical Center
Phoenix Women’s Center
South Shore Hospital
Cook County Hospital & More
Forward the 10th, 12th standard certificates / transcripts along with ID proof for Eligibility Letter
- Upon receiving EL – student can pay the seat deposit of 2200$ ( 2000$ will be a part of 1st year fee) post which student will receive the welcome kit along with PNOA(provisional notice of acceptance ).
- Submission of documents for Visa processing
- Upon receiving the 1st semester Tuition fee University will hand over the Visa , FNOA( Final notice of acceptance )
- On Visa approval, fly to Central America / Caribbean. Enroll with the University.
- Study Pre Medical course (1.5 Yrs).
- Study Basic Medical Sciences – 5 Terms (2 Years).
- Write NBME Board Exams and USMLE Step 1 (USMLE is optional)
- Study Clinical Sciences in USA / Canada / UK (PLAB/USMLE not required) / the Caribbean teaching hospitals (2 Years, actually 72 weeks)
- Write USMLE Step 2 CK and CS
- Write NMBE Clinical board exams
- Graduate – Earn a Doctor of Medicine – MD degree equivalent to MBBS in India
- Apply for Residency program in USA through NRMP after successful USMLE Step 1, Step 2 – CK and CS scores
- Pursue Residency in USA / Canada / other countries. Study PG free of Cost, earn stipend of USD 6000 – USD 13,000 /month. Earn Specialization / super specialty in desired field of medicine. Clear USMLE Step 3 and BECOME A FULLY LICENCED PHYSICIAN IN USA / Canada / other countries! FMGE (MCI Screening) not required after UG/PG/Licensing in USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand!
For more details/enquiry/admission in Texila American University